Collagen is a vital protein in the body and is present in the skin, bones, cartilage and tendons, ensuring the cohesion and resistance of tissues. However, its synthesis decreases with age. For this reason, marine collagen supplements are beneficial with respect to the effects caused by aging on the skin and joints.
Marine collagen is extracted from proteins that are present in the skin, bones and scales of fish. It is rich in amino acids and its composition is very similar to that of human collagen.
What is marine collagen used for?
- Elasticity: marine collagen regenerates the dermis and restores the consistency of the tissues, preventing the appearance of wrinkles. A perfectly nourished face, with fewer wrinkles and full of elasticity. In addition, it restores joint tissues and bone.
- Hydration: the skin tends to lose the water inside it and that is where marine collagen acts as a waterproofing agent. Result: hydrated, firm and smooth skin.
- Fights acne: by promoting the creation of tissue, it effectively fights problems such as psoriasis, rosacea and acne.
- Strong hair and nails: hydrates the root of the hair and restores its vitality. Both hair and nails will grow faster and stronger.
Properties of marine collagen
Marine collagen is very important to combat skin aging (wrinkles or fine lines). In addition, it helps improve the protection, elasticity, hydration and structure of the skin. For this reason, it is considered a natural anti-aging agent. It should be noted that marine collagen supplements are enhanced when combined with other active agents such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
On the other hand, it is of great importance with respect to joints and cartilage. Its intake helps prevent joint degradation and associated pain.
best marine collagen
A good marine collagen must contain all the properties described. Also, some of them are:
- Nutralie Marine Collagen Complex : features a combination of hyaluronic acid, vitamins E, B12, C, Zinc and Coenzyme Q10. It has one of the most complete formulations and provides optimal support for the skin, bones and joints. It is quickly absorbed, contributes to the normal formation of collagen in our body and relieves fatigue.
- Hivital marine collagen with hyaluronic acid : helps to strengthen cartilage and maintain healthy skin, hair and nails, focusing on their elasticity and hydration.
- Drasanvi hydrolyzed marine collagen : contributes to the natural formation of collagen, increasing its effectiveness with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid.